Job Title: Operations Specialist
Reports To: Senior Vice President
The objective of the Operations Specialist is to carry out management services for a portfolio of properties to the highest level attainable that is consistent with the company’s mission statement and the owner’s goals and objectives.
Scope of duties will vary according to projects but may include assisting student housing properties with on-site management functions; facilitating training and development of property staff; assisting in the development and distribution of property operations resources and training material; implementing the property’s strategic marketing plan; assisting in leasing efforts and strategy; conducting market research and analysis projects; and other projects as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Responsible for regular travel to provide on-site assistance to assets within the assigned portfolio.
· Leadership of property management team to motivate, coach, and mentor associates to achieve desired results and maximize performance.
· Assists in the development and implementation of the Community’s Marketing Plan.
· Monitors on-site administration to ensure compliance with corporate procedures and policies.
· Review and recommends strategies and practices which lead to 100% occupancy and a high level of customer satisfaction.
· Promotes customer service and teamwork with all members of the team.
· Leadership of on-site team members: accountability and teambuilding.
· Listen to and understand the specific performance goals and reporting needs of the company and communicate verbally and in writing to keep Regional Manager and Senior VP apprised of any crucial information.
· Prepare and submit all reports as directed by Regional Manager in a timely manner.
· Monitors, assists, and makes recommendations to improve marketing activities.
· Resolves resident relation issues.
· Inspects properties to ensure the highest standards are maintained; evaluates maintenance, grounds, and housekeeping operations in areas of efficiency. Conducts inspections of vacant apartments for market-ready condition.
· Establishes/revises property management forms, reports, and manuals including updates, changes, and additions.
· Prepares and conducts meetings as necessary.
· Participates as a member of the team in design, unit mix, establishment of rent rates, and other such operational matters. Coordinates staffing and office set-up of new communities according to Kenney Realty Services guidelines.
· Travel is required up to 85% of the time. Must have reliable transportation to conduct site audits.
· Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
· Minimum 3 years related experience as a Property Manager or Supervisory Role within the industry.
· Student Housing experience is preferred.
· Bachelors Degree (B.A.) from four-year College or University.
· Some weekend and early evening shifts are required.
· A strong background in customer service and sales is preferred, although individuals with an excellent attitude and willingness to learn will be given consideration.
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
· Computer literacy in MS Word, e-mail and a familiarity with the Internet required. Experience with property management software (MRI, Yardi, OneSite, etc.) beneficial, and experience with Entrata eSite software ideal.
· Computer experience in MS Word and Excel.
· Able to perform administration and have a strong understanding of real estate accounting.
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
· Hard-working, dedicated, positive, teamwork attitude ideal.