If you're driven, dedicated, and have what it takes to build vibrant communities where residents live and prosper, our Maintenance Technician II opportunity is perfect for you!
PRG Real Estate is looking for an HVAC and EPA certified Maintenance Technician II for our property in Cary, NC to ensure the timely and accurate fulfillment of all service requests and repairs. As our new Maintenance Technician, you'll be responsible for troubleshooting systems, completing preventative maintenance, and inspecting vacant units affirming turnovers are complete. Participates in on-call emergency rotation and responds to emergencies as needed.
Our maintenance teams have a reputation for their integrity and willingness to go above and beyond for our residents. Your role iscritical for maintaining our high level of customer service as well as the cleanliness and marketability of the community to renew and secure new leases.
Essential Maintenance Technician II Job Functions
- Adheres to standardized diagnostic approaches for preventative maintenance, system troubleshooting, HVAC systems, and electrical circuits
- Participates in on-call emergency rotation and responds to emergencies as needed
- Inspects and helps coordinate all needed make-ready repairs and services. Assists make-ready staff as required to meet deadlines
- Utilizes maintenance software program to track work orders, inventory use, product replacement histories, and scheduled preventative maintenance
- Maintains constant awareness of the community's condition and immediately takes action to correct unsafe circumstances; e.g., broken gates leading to the pool, broken steps, open holes, broken/burned out exterior lights
- Walks the grounds and common interior areas daily, removing litter and debris from lawns, planting beds, parking areas, sidewalks, ramps, and indoor spaces
- Schedules and performs routine preventive maintenance on all appropriate equipment as ected by Maintenance Supervisor and Property Manager
- Ensures tools and equipment are in optimum condition
- Reports all major repairs to Maintenance Supervisor and Property Manager prior to any expenditure of funds
- Conducts all business in accordance with company policies/procedures, Fair Housing, American with Disabilities Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other laws pertaining to housing
If you're the kind of person that goes above and beyond the call of duty every day, then you'll fit right in at PRG! We believe in empowering our team members to give their best. We create an environment and provide employees with the tools they need to not only meet but exceed our resident's expectations. We offer a fun, family atmosphere where respect and appreciation of each other is a daily given and each employee challenges each other to go to the next level. We're socially conscious too. We care about the communities we call home, and across our portfolio, our employees are passionate about participating in charity organization events that give back to the communities in which we serve.
Aside from working with smart, passionate PRG team members and having the potential for uncapped, internal growth opportunities, at PRG we offer a competitive suite of benefits. Along with Company paid dental, life/AD&D, and long-term disability coverage, we also offer health, vision, voluntary life and short term disability insurance, 401k with company match, tuition reimbursement, paid holidays and generous paid time-off.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Minimum of 2 years building maintenance experience or equivalent required
- Technical training in one or more trades preferred
- Basic knowledge of building maintenance principles and procedures
- Basic knowledge of how to operate hand, power tools and equipment
- Ability to maintain high ethical standards
- Ability to problem-solve and entify/implement process improvements
- Organizational skills to enable effective management of multiple, shifting priorities
- Ability to perform in a busy, changing, multi-tasking work environment
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and adhere to strict deadlines
- Ability to maintain any license or certification as necessary
- Ability to work overtime, evenings, weekends, or holidays as necessary
- Valid driver's license required
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience required
There's no better place to launch (or continue!) your real estate management career.
If you meet the above requirements and are interested, apply today!