Maintenance Supervisor Job Description
We offer a competitive salary with benefits plus bonuses, as well as a $1,000 sign-on bonus. Considered candidates will have at least 3 or more years of hands-on property management building maintenance experience; with at least 2 years apartment supervisory experience is required. CFC and CPO Certification required. On-call is required.
The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible under the supervision of the Property Manager for the overall appearance and maintenance of the apartment community. The Maintenance Supervisor must maintain exterior of the property daily, provide clean and acceptable curb appeal at all times, with assistance of other team members when applicable. They are responsible for the supervision and assignment of tasks to maintenance personnel.
In addition, they are responsible for supervising the work performed by outside contractors. The Supervisor is responsible for the coordination of make-readies and communicating move-in/move-out schedules with the Property Manager. They are also responsible for the compliance with and training on Safety Policies and programs.
Maintenance Supervisor Required Skills
• Strong leadership and management skills; ability to direct a team and supervise vendors.
• Superior customer service skills including the ability to manage difficult customers and/or situations.
• Strong attention to detail, organizational, time-management and problem-solving skills.
• Professional verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to read, write, understand, and communicate in English.
• Ability to read and comprehend budgets.
• Ability to be on-call for after-hour emergencies.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule to include weekends, evenings and holidays.
Maintenance Supervisor Required Experience
• 3 or more years of hands-on apartment experience is required.
• 2 or more years of supervisory experience is required.
• CFC Certification required.
• CPO Certification required.
• Valid Driver's License required.
• Experience with property management accounting software is helpful for the Maintenance Supervisor position.