Experienced Facilities Manager wanted!
The Campus team is filled with passionate and enthusiastic people! Since 1958, we have been singularly focused on providing superb housing for college students across the country and our team is the reason for our success and for our ability to grow over the long-term.
If you’re someone who loves to have FUN at work, loves to work hard, thinks outside the box, then we’ve got a place for you on our team! Campus Apartments offers growth opportunities, diversity, stability, job training and a fun-loving family of people! Consider joining our team and changing the way you think about work!
The Facilities Manager reports to the General Manager and is responsible for ensuring the physical and mechanical upkeep of the property.
- Maintenance of painting and cleaning of the property (internal and external)
- Maintenance work (including mechanical work), code work, fire alarm check, capital improvement projects completed in-house
- Schedule any capital improvement projects and apartment work
- Set the scope, get bids, check contractors and submit for approval when improvements are done with outside contractors
- Repair all appliances (refrigerators, stoves, dishwashers, etc.); obtain prices and quotes for appliances when necessary
- Repair and ensure all boiler machinery is kept in good working condition; includes completion of monthly inspection reports
- Snow removal where applicable
- Order pool supplies and ensure that they are maintained properly where applicable
- Maintain good tenant relations and inform General Manager of any potential or existing problems
- Manage the night and weekend maintenance staff; includes bus drivers where applicable
- Ensure that maintenance staff completes all work orders in a timely, professional and courteous manner
- Hire and terminate maintenance staff in cooperation with General Manager; includes cleaners, painters, grounds people, courtesy officers, etc.
- Ensure that payroll is submitted accurately and in a timely fashion for the maintenance staff
- Work with General Manager on a daily basis for scheduling, budgeting, etc.
- High school diploma
- Additional education preferred
- HVAC certification
- Certification in electrical (commercial and residential)
- Universal certification to be obtained within one year of hire
- Valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance
- Licensed pool operator if the community maintains a pool
- Minimum of two years supervisory experience preferred
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate instructions accurately