CWS Apartment Homes is a successful and dynamic organization founded and maintained by passionate professionals! We love what we do and our mission is simple: To enhance lives…The CWS Way! We believe that every person we partner with, whether it be our residents, vendors, or fellow team members, have an engaging and meaningful experience every time that inspires them to be and give their best. If you are ready to do your best work now we would love to provide you the opportunity to become part of our team.
If you have a knack for troubleshooting and like working with your hands, our Maintenance Technician position will keep you on your feet! Your responsibilities will vary each day at the community. This role is essential in keeping our community operating smoothly and according to safety standards. There will be a great amount of interaction with customers, residents and guests, therefore maintaining a high level of customer service is imperative to the success of this position.
- Replace filters and clean air conditioning vents in vacant apartments and occupied units on as needed basis
- Perform HVAC, plumbing, minor electrical, carpentry, and other interior repairs
- Service requests made by residents should be completed within 24 hours
- Handle on-call duties whenever needed
- Replace breezeway light bulbs as needed
- Assists with apartment make-readies including painting, repairs, carpet shampoos, wall/sheetrock repair, lock changes, etc.
- Assists in distribution of flyers and other materials
- Assists in picking up litter
- Maintain pool chemical levels and cleanliness
- Perform preventative maintenance
- High School diploma or GED
- Technical certifications a plus
- Knowledge of on-site property maintenance helpful
- Minimum 1 year previous work experience in apartment maintenance or trade that requires basic knowledge of electricity, plumbing, carpentry, painting, and HVAC
- Able to interpret service requests and schedules in English
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Able to adhere to set and variable work schedule, including weekends and emergencies as required
- Able to adhere to company policies, procedures, and practices
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Able to professionally interact with customers, residents, and guests as needed
- Own basic set of hand tools
- Able to perform work responsibilities at locations other than assigned property
- Able to travel within major metropolitan area and may be required to attend company functions in cities other than assigned location requiring overnight stay
- Possess a valid Driver's License with good driving record and current automobile insurance
This job description is not an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities. CWS may add or change responsibilities in order to meet business and organizational needs.