Area Leasing Manager – Job Description
The Area Leasing Manager will report to and be supervised by the Property Manager. In the absence of the Property Manager, the Leasing Manager will report to and be supervised by the Assistant Property Manager.
The Area Leasing Manager leases apartments at the highest effective rent level possible, while maintaining a strong customer service/satisfaction philosophy; maintains a courteous and helpful attitude to residents and potential residents; responds to residents promptly and courteously to help resolve resident issues; assists in the development and implementation of the property’s Marketing Plan; aids in the planning of community events; under supervision of the Property Manager, oversees the execution of community events; maintains and strengthens relationship with local businesses; and performs other tasks as assigned by the Property Manager.
Interaction with people; good organizational skills, good verbal and written communication skills; strong customer service/satisfaction philosophy; proficient in sales skills; ability to analyze local housing market; professional image.
- Training, Administration, & Personnel Development – Maintains accurate resident files in accordance with Kenney Realty Services company policy. Enters into Entrata relative resident and potential resident information in accordance with Kenney Realty Services company policy.
- Sales & Marketing – Has a working knowledge of all lease related documents and able to accurately complete the documents in a timely manner. Assists in the development and maintenance of a resident retention and renewal program in order to achieve optimum increases and conversions ratios. Directs the leasing activities and resident relations. Aware of competitive communities’ rent levels and amenities. Aware of all community and local area facts and statistics. Assists in preparing the competitive market survey report. Greets new residents, prepares move files, and directs the move in process. Handles telephone, email, and on-site traffic. Shows the model and available ready vacancies.
- Resident Relations & Event Planning – Works with Property Manager to develop and implement a comprehensive resident relations program. Aids in the conception and planning of all community events. Executes resident functions under the supervision of the Property Manager.
- Facilities, Physical Plant, & Maintenance Operations – Inspect apartments prior to move-in to ensure market ready status. Complete follow up on all service requests and monitor service satisfaction survey results. Inspects models and amenities daily.
- Other Objectives – Other duties as identified by the Property Manager and Kenney Realty Services as the position progresses.
· Travel within North Carolina and Tennessee required.
· Minimum 2 years related experience as a Leasing Manager
· Some weekend and early evening shifts are required.
· A strong background in customer service and sales is preferred, although individuals with an excellent attitude and willingness to learn will be given consideration.
· Familiarity with the Entrata Software.
· High School diploma required, college degree ideal.
· Computer literacy in MS Word, e-mail and a familiarity with the Internet required.