The Painter reports to the Property Manager and is responsible for painting, finishing and maintaining a wide variety of interior and exterior surfaces and structures. Applies paint to the interior and the exterior of apartments and other property facilities; makes sufficient preparation for painting; repairs sheet-rock; cleans out air vents; performs other jobs as needed.
The successful candidate will embody and work to reinforce MAA’s Core Values. Those values include:
• Appreciating the uniqueness of each individual
• Communicating openly and with integrity
• Embracing opportunities
• Doing the right thing at the right time for the right reasons
Duties and Responsibilities
• Receives work order or instructions for a paint job or another task; assembles all needed equipment and transports it to the work site; may drive to different properties in the same area.
• Prepares surfaces to be painted; smooth’s surfaces to be painted with sandpaper, brushes, steel wool, etc. and removes old paint with paint remover, scrapers, wire brushes, etc.
• Fills holes in surfaces such as nail holes, cracks, and joints with putty, plaster, or another filler; may wash surfaces before painting.
• Selects paints and/or mixes paints and may add thinners to gain the desired color and texture.
• Removes fixtures and other items from walls; erects scaffolding or sets up ladders as needed.
• Applies paint with brushes, rollers, sprayers, or other standard equipment to walls, ceilings, doors, baseboards, molding, vents, porches, sheds, garages, and other surfaces.
• Cleans up equipment and painted area after completion; replaces fixtures.
• Repairs sheetrock, caulks windows, and cleans air vents as needed.
• Performs the duties of other positions such as Landscape and Make Ready.
• Performs other related duties as assigned to meet the needs of the business.
• High school diploma/GED
• Six months of interior and exterior painting experience.
• Thorough knowledge of painting equipment and techniques.
• Ability to read instructions and complete standard paperwork.
• Must have valid driver’s license or immediate means of transportation and ability to travel to multiple properties.
• Extensive full-time maintenance painting experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Knowledge of painting equipment and techniques
• Knowledge of paints such as flats, semi-glosses, oil-based and water-based, and which tools are best to use in each situation
• Ability to work in disagreeable environments including paint fumes and all types of weather
• Ability to understand written and verbal instructions
• Ability to bend, stoop, climb, and other difficult physical motions
• Ability to lift weights of 50 lbs. or above regularly
Physical and Environmental Requirements
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
• This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
• This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Visit www.maac.com to apply online.
Drug Free Workplace